The number Seven appears in scripture many times. For example the Sage tells us there are "six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable in his eyes" (Pr 6.16-19). God rested on the seventh day and blessed it with shalom. For some reason the Bible likes seven. In that spirit I have decided to relate Bobby's Seven's . . . the Seven things that are my favorite . . . in appropriate categories.
1) Seven Favorite People
2) Seven Historical (non-biblical) People I would Like to Meet
- Judith (if she was real - bold faith & courage)
- Eric the Red
- Sojourner Truth
3) Seven Things I Want to Do Before I Die
- Live my lifetime with Pamella
- Watch my girls grow into mighty servants of the King
- Complete the Ph.D
- Go sky diving
- See the Pyramids
- Have great friends
- See Jesus
4) Seven Greatest Non-Biblical Books
- The Iliad/Odyssey (sorry can't separate them)
- Confessions of Augustine
- The Knights Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer
- The Imitation of Christ
- Siderus Nuncius by Galileo
- The Prayer of Manasseh (Tobit or Judith could be here too)
- Lord of the Rings/or Chronicles of Narnia
- Oh, I almost forgot . . . Kingdom Come!! :-)
5) Seven Things that Attract Me to Pamella
- Her eyes sparkle
- We have great conversations about art, books, organic veggies :)
- She is tough as nails ... you have to be to run marathons
- I love to hear her sing. One of my favorite times of the week is hear Pamella sing at church call me crazy but I love her voice.
- Pretty Woman (read Song of Songs 4.1-15 or listen to Roy Orbison)
- She is fun. I simply enjoy her presence. She completes me. I know I take her for granted but I really do thank God for bringing us together.
Tobias prayed regarding his beloved bride Sarah on their wedding night this really does sum up my hopes and dreams for this life. I used to dream of being a famous scholar but I have changed my view over the year. Nothing compares with being the husband of Pamella Gayle Valentine. To the prayer ...
Blessed are you, O God of our ancestors,
and blessed is your name in all generations forever.
Let the heavens and the whole creation bless you forever.
You made Adam, and for him you made his wife Eve as a helper and support.
From the two of them the human race has sprung.
You said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone;
let us make a helper for him like himself.'
I now am taking this kinswoman of mine, not because of lust, but with sincerity.
Grant that she and I may find mercy and that we may grow old together."
6) Seven Favorite Books of the Bible
- (I cheated!)
7) Seven Greatest Movies
- Star Wars (hands down the greatest movie ever made)
- The Shootist
- Hotel Rwanda
- Lord of the Rings
- Absent Minded Professor
- Revenge of the Sith
Well there you have it! Bobby's Seven Seven's. I am sure I could come up with more but these show that I am a very uncomplicated person. Of course there are many others I would love to meet, C.S. Lewis, George MacDonald, Martin Luther, William Tyndale, Helen of Troy (they fought a war over her), and many more. I would love to see the cave art of the Lascaux Caves, Easter Island, get lost in the Louve, learn Mayan, be confined to St.Cathrine's for a month. Feel free to add your Sevens.
Hesed & Shalom,